10.8.11

On the Edge

It was 6a.m. I made plans to go running with a friend, and while I had all the motivation in the world last night, I regretted it this morning. All I wanted to do was to continue snuggling under my comforter in my perfect queen size bed. However, I ended up forcing myself to get out of bed, put on some workout clothes, and drive to meet her. In the end, I'm glad I pushed myself. To go run further and faster each day. And to get out of bed in the first place.

In many ways, fashion is the same as working out. You have to stay creative, otherwise things get stale. Music is always a prime source of inspiration. And last but not least, you have to push yourself.

To some people, this concept comes naturally, effortlessly. You know who I'm talking about. The fashionistas you see walking down the street in outfits you dream about. (Literally, this is what I dream about.) You think to yourself, "Why didn't I think of putting that together?!" I always take inspiration from these girls, encouraging myself to think outside-the-box and break some rules. Things that were once fashion no-nos turn into the biggest runway fad. All it takes is one person who is willing to take the chance. So next time you're getting dressed, working out or anything else for that matter, remember to push yourself to the edge.

"In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits."

No comments: